Monday, January 4, 2010

Tour news+

So a few years ago, I thought it'd be impossible for me to book tours and such, but 2009 brought me the ability and time to finally get out of my shell and see the entire east coast, as well as some random shows in Massachusetts and Michigan.
It was the perfect way to break myself of my long standing misconceptions about my mental stability in such situations and proved to me that I would be okay in such a situation for a longer period of time.

So I have for you all two potential tours for 2010 lined up at the moment + room for at least one more + satellite shows:


So first thing's first... April.
If my album recording schedule goes as planned, I'd like to be touring some random states in the mid-west.
MI, OH, IL, MN, PA, and a few others hopefully.
Any show connections in that sort of area + others will help me infinitely!



After that....


I promised yallz a visit to the West Coast, did I not?
(I did)

So what have I gone and done?
Well, I've joined forces with Polly Pocket and together we are going to book a tour through Texas + who knows where else for June.
She used to book a plethora of shows back a few years apparently, so she brings quite a powerful force to the "team."
We'll be recorded a split of some kind to be released in CD or CD-R format to help support the tour. Probably 3 new songs from each of us and one - three collaborative tracks.

My plan is to find a path from Jersey to Texas that makes sense and can be done in 3 - 5 days, do like 7 or 8 shows in Texas and maybe Arizona if time allows it with Polly Pocket, and then tour my way back to NJ in 2 - 4 days alone to get home in time for my Summer teaching job.

The reason I won't continue to California yet is just a matter of time constraints.
I'm also basing my ability to stay healthy on how long I lasted for Take Control '09 before I started to notice general problems setting in frequently.

Will I be in California? You better believe it.
I'm going to have to figure some stuff out and make actual connections there for it to work.
I any of you that read this have ANY solid CA connections, please let me know. I need them desperately!!!

By the way, Canada is looking to be quite probable for the near future. Zathura (who I am also doing a split with, but you knew that already) have offered their services to hook me up with some shows in their area.



-----------------------------------
Last Monday's show in Lansing was killer. A lot of people left that I think would have enjoyed my set, as they were put off by the noise sets before me... but to be honest, if people are going to be put off by a little harsh noise so much that they'd leave the venue, I probably don't want them dancing with me anyway :D

Met a lot of cool people. I hopefully won't forget the particulars... Emily (who prints stuff), Mike (who I think reads this thing!), Travis (Watabou, who I featured on Christmasasaurus Vol 4), Billy (William Sides Atari Party), the secondary guy in Dental Work (can't remember his name...), and Anontron kid (I forget his name too, shit!)
I also saw Danielle, her sister Candis, and some of their friends, who drove five hours to see me in Traverse City for the first show of the summer tour (jesus!)
I'm going to try to play for Candis' birthday in April actually... but more on that when it is actually happening or not.


Tonight's show in Montclair was unfortunately not quite as nice.
It was actually a well attended show and people were loving it, but the house sound system had a weird compression setting on it so my high end got shaved and it sounded like dirty water.
It made me sad. I am pretty sick but I was starting to get into it until that happened.
To make it worse, the crowd was full of Verona residents, some of my friends, some fans I've seen before, and people who had never heard of me before that were just like (@O@~!!!!!!! in reaction to my set-up and sound.
I wish I could have given them a proper performance, but I basically spent the whole set playing my songs while trying to remedy the situation (in vain.)
It made for a humorous event at least, what with me being back to not moving around on stage much.
I actually got my two favorite reactions at the show:

1. FUCK YEAH!!!! (^O^!!!!!) *fist pump*
2. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, I'M SCARED D:<<

There was one awesome couple in particular actually...
The girl was totally appalled and offended, as if I'd violated her sensibilities as a human. She allegedly literally said "what is this, is this even music??" while I overheard her boyfriend shouting things like "What is going on here? This is fucking awesome!!"

I was invited back by the two main promoters for the venue though, so next time I can deliver a proper performance by fixing the sound issues and possibly bringing some PA speakers of my own if I have them by then. *crosses fingers*
---------------------------


Anyway, I'm going to be off to try to get some rest.
I got some new pictures from Massachusetts that I posted two of on myspace and I have to say they are two of my new favorite pictures of myself!
I'll have some pictures of tonight, Hackensack, and Lansing soon I hope, and I can share them with the planet.
For now... I sleep.
First time in many months I haven't had any shows coming up, and while I feel aimless, I feel very much relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment