Friday, December 11, 2009

Photos: Life of m@ the c@

I have nothing I feel like saying right now, so here are some random photos.
Some are music oriented, some are not.
Let's start with a new picture from the Gulu Gulu Cafe in Massachusetts (probably during a noise portion of my set.)
There are a lot more, and I don't think this was even taken by one of the 'official' photographers for the evening:

Photobucket


Photobucket
This is my beloved Boss ME-50B.
For a bass multi-effects pedal it's pretty lousy in my opinion, but for the things I use it for it works wonders.
Actually, I recorded the screaming for Falcon Breeze with a crappy radio shack mic and using this for EQ and fake pre-amp.
I also recorded a ton of the c@ vocals on Daring Z-Young Nesyel with that set-up.

Live I use this badboy for vocal EQ/volume/delay effects, as part of my noise rig, or as the effects pedal on theremin for Ultra Death Men shows.



Photobucket
This was the rough draft for my album cover.
I don't know how Roxie would feel about it being posted somewhere, but I don't see why she'd mind... it was just a really quick thing to show me what the CD would look like and for me to give her direction with... I will find the sketch I originally proposed to artists, eventually...



Photobucket
This is a Lowrey organ I picked up on the side of the street one day last month (no really.)
It works decently, but there are a number of problems with it... Unfortunately the sub-bass pedals are one of the things with problems.
Had Bradlea not forced me to knock on the door of the person whose house it was and ask if it worked or not, I don't know that I'd have picked it up.


Photobucket

This is the first 'instrument' I circuit bent.
There is a weird switch that makes most of the sounds resemble gabber bass and flatulence, two timer switches (one on the back,) an LED, a true power switch, and the quater inch output I added.
I was thinking of adding a contact point, but I'm satisfied with it as is.


Photobucket
Sleeping on an amp at the Go Bar in Athens GA.
Somewhat boring show, good pictures though! (taken by the vocalist of The Orkids, who we stayed with in GA)


Photobucket
Actually, here's another I never posted.
What may or may not be evident from the photos, is that I was in a lot of pain (throat, body, and stomach) and homesickness had begun to set in.


Photobucket
This is a photo from Christine Lewis' (or as I call her, Aircraft) portfolio.
We were in a Whole Foods after playing Paper Mario all day on some sort of food quest... forget what. I believe I was pretending to be a deer or a moose.


Photobucket
This is a guitar I use occasionally on recordings.
It has to be adjusted pretty badly, but it's still usable.
It was actually sold to me at half price because the company (Tokai) was in a bit of hot water for patent infringement.
Most of my guitar tracks are done with a boring looking, black Epiphone Les Paul.
There is also a really, really broken guitar that's been sitting in my house for years that I use on occasion.


Photobucket
My cat (Noel) reacting to seeing her face tiled as my desktop background.



Photobucket
This is from my second show, which was in a church.
Notice all of those fucking orbs... haunted much/really dusty much?


Photobucket
Lousy picture taken of me teaching at the summer music program I teach every year.


Photobucket
Summer of '08 in Ohio with two different sides of my family.


Photobucket
Also summer of '08.
Taken by my mother... no posing involved here, just my mom capturing what looks like it could be the generic cover of my never being released acoustic bass guitar solo album.


Photobucket
A DELICIOUS MEAL.


Photobucket
This would have been my second show... it fell through the day before though :/
Still probably the best bill I've been booked for.


Photobucket
Another show that fell through. Bummer.


Photobucket
mmm... concert band in 2007.... how nice.


Photobucket
Original artwork for the demo by me! My pixel art is just soooooo detailed.


Photobucket
Random gig where I was the only one without a real teaching job.
Trumpet: My dad (Gramercy Brass Orchestra/Broadway/50604 other things)
Sax: Tim (The Rolling Stones... yeah really)
Drums: Jon (Palmyra/Ultra Death Men)
Guitar: Sean (Palmyra/Ultra Death Men)
Keys: John (Priorden Project/other things I don't know)
Keys: Guy I forget the name of (Yamaha)


Photobucket
In 2006 I posted a weird bulletin wherein I asked for people to join me on my quest to fight the spiders I found in this space. People had to send in their stats and special powers.


Photobucket
This was most of my set-up (without guitars or anything) in early 2005.... oh those were simpler times..


horse
Technically the cover of Horse Wiener by c@.


Photobucket
oh what is this I don't even...


Photobucket
Bradlea and at the end of 08 in San Diego


Photobucket
A picture from the warehouse-like place we stayed at in Baltimore that I didn't post before....


Photobucket
Something that makes me laugh... all the time.
This was taken from the c@ myspace's friend request notifications one day this year.






Alright! Good place to end it!
Time to finish my Christmas song.

No comments:

Post a Comment