Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tour Log 1.0

(re-post from myspace)
I don't really have the time and stamina to write a long thing for you all, but I'll fill you in on some news and such.

The tour is going amazing.
I really can't believe how many people have been coming out to see me specifically... it's absurd!
I'm grateful beyond words for the incredible times I'm having 5 days into this and the immensely positive feedback I'm getting.


The first night I spent with Kayla and her three cats... and I mean... come on... three cats! Of course I enjoyed my stay.

After that, I played at The Crackhouse in Columbus Ohio.. and was absolutely insane.
The venue was basically the blown-out, post-apocalyptic buildings you've all seen in movies but never in real life, the crowd was totally into it, they knew how to party like GG Allin, and I almost accidentally hung myself on the ceiling when I jumped off of a table and caught my neck on a low wire.
There was also a surprise break in one of my songs when I unplugged the entire sound system with a poorly placed thrashing, and some surprise crowd participation with a poorly placed foot making it's way to one of my many delay pedals.

I can also say that I have now officially seen blood on one of my t-shirts.
I think that's a landmark for any artist, myself.

(By the way Crackhouse guys, turns out I did in fact have one of your cables but it was hiding in a really weird place. I will definitely mail that back to you.)



The 734 in Ypsilanti was a bit of a weak turnout, but the people that stuck around and did everything from humorously reckless quasi-hardcore dancing to totally freaking out and fighting made it well worth playing.
There was also a recording made of the live set that might be released as a limited-to-25-copies "bootleg" release on Trash-Fuck Net Records.
(I'll be back at the 734 in June for a metal show apparently by the way, so stay posted. I heard there was a lot of hype for my appearance in spite of the meager attendance)


Basement 414 in Lansing was pure insanity.
Incredible vibe, unbelievable turnout, nothing but quality performances, and just an all around amazing show through and through.
I really love playing Michigan...
People knew the words, people danced with me, people picked me up and flew me across the venue, and everyone was just generally fucking awesome.
I even met a burlesque dancer that I'm going to collaborate with, and anyone who knows me knows I really love inter-art-form collaborations.

Definitely one of the best, if not the single best show I've ever played.

It was also all filmed, and parts of it will be visible on the internets eventually.
I was also interviewed after the show for a documentary on DIY venues/culture/music/etc.
At the end of the night I heard someone call my music "cat scratch fever in MIDI form."

Watabou, Seagrass Diov, Mellows, OctavialSilver, and Anontron all fucking killed without a hitch and Dental Work played the single best and most intense noise set I've ever seen/heard in my entire life, and I mean that with 100% sincerity.


Speaking of Dental Work... my split with Dental Work (My God Is The Cat King) is officially out, brought to you by my dear friends at Placenta Recordings.

It's a numbered CD-R in a DVD case, limited to 200 copies.
I might be drawing on the discs, if time permits it, to give it an even more DIY and individual feel, but it looks great and sounds great either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment