Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Melt-Banana

I saw Melt-Banana last night.
I talked to Yasuko.
I don't know how obvious it is in my music... but I really, really, have an almost unhealthy love of Melt-Banana.
The problem is, every time they've come here since I discovered them in 2003/4 (whatever it was), I've had to miss them.

First time or two I had to go to Michigan (where my relatives live) the day they were playing.
In 2007 I was finally able to go, but they changed their tour dates because they had to open for Tool.
Much to no one's surprise, the date they did the make-up show on was three days after I went to Michigan.

Of course, 2008 had no MxBx shows planned for America, so it was back to waiting impatiently for the day to come.

Finally, this year, I received a delightful, engrishy email from the Melt-Banana newsletter.
"Coming to America?!" I shouted with joy and disbelief, and IMMEDIATELY bought my ticket.
If my read on the ticket is correct, I was the 9th person to buy one.

Anyway, needless to say, I went to the show last night, got about 50 dollars worth of merch (on top of the 16 dollar ticket, 15 dollar parking, and however much gas I needed).
Do I regret any of it?
NO

I met fucking Yasuko O!
I gave the band a copy of my CD as a gift!
I saw the best show of my life!

I'm considering going to Connecticut to see them again honestly.
It would be totally worth it.


I was going to post the picture I got with Yasuko, but I won't have it for two weeks.
It was taken by my friend Aircraft (who takes many of the pictures at my local shows, as well as some of those promotional ones I did to help her with an art project) but it was done on film and she won't have them developed and scanned in for two weeks.
I'll certainly be posting it.
I pray to all omnipotent beings that they came out okay.
(I'm sure I look like a total douche because it was my first episode of being "star struck" or whatever... but on a far different level)

--------------------------
I might have a live guitarist for my Massachusetts 3 day micro-mini-tour.
He's the guitarist from my shoegaze/punk/indie/whatever the heck rock band Frame House.
Not sure if he can really do it or not though because of work. We'll find out soon, eh?
I just added some punky guitar parts to a few old songs and I might teach him guitar parts for way newer songs.
-----------------------

Anyway.
I'll have a picture including post soon or something.
If I have nothing particularly fun to post, I'll at least post a link to one of my c@ albums or something... not that those don't already exist.
GO SEE MELT-BANANA

1 comment:

  1. you lucky luck c@
    i missed them when they came to San Antonio w/ All Leather
    =(

    ReplyDelete