Sunday, June 6, 2010

Updates 6/06/10

News time again, do read on


1.) My God Is The Cat King (split CDR with Dental Work)
The new copies are on sale and pretty awesome:
Slimline DVD case, crazy fold-up insert with lyrics to my tracks that have lyrics, some liner notes about the recording, special thanks, and the CD-Rs are numbered in handwriting better than my own! (Complete with a stamp on them that looks like an actual Cat King.)
By the way, if you're still not aware, Dental Work is a truly awesome experimental, psychedelic power electronics/harsh noise/musique concrete/sound collage artist from Traverse City Michigan.

2.) The split with Les Trucs:

Les Trucs are an incredible two-piece electronic band coming from former members of the Germany based band Antitainment. I bought their 3" from Noise Park Activities not too long ago and I probably listened to it about 40 times in a row the first night.
I decided I'd go out on a limb and talk to them and see if they were interested in putting out a split together. Thankfully they were interested and were already familiar with my music.
Anyway, the split is going to be put out by Solace Media Corporation, most likely on colored vinyl 7" and possibly also on CD-R.
I am going to attempt to write new songs for it, but if it doesn't pan out correctly I'll just find some prime-cut material that has no home for this.
Should be about 6 minutes of music from each of us.
We're shooting for a late July release. It'd be nice to get that out at the same time as Bad Happy, but I am no longer making a release date for Bad Happy. No point in rushing it if I get behind again.

3.) Bad Happy
My last blog update was about Bad Happy, and since I've been on the road I haven't had a chance to really do more work on it, however, Inés finished the inside art now, so that's some more progress in my book.
I've gotta say.. it just looks fucking awesome.

4.) From The Magical Prince's Mouth
At the end of 2007/beginning of 2008 I wrote an album driven primarily by sad feelings and extreme anxiety and paranoia that really almost had me "put away."
I've described it in the past on this blog, so I'll skip over it this time.
What's important about it now is that it should be coming out in December.
Somewhere down the line I decided it'd make an excellent release for vinyl and I began planning it accordingly: thinking about what might come through on vinyl and what might not, breaking the album into sides for the LP, thinking about what color the vinyl should be.
Anyway, yesterday or the day before, Placenta Recordings let me know that they wanted me to be their second vinyl LP release (William Side's Atari Party being their first) and I of course immediately thought of FTMPM.
Additionally, there is a song on it that I wrote from the perspective of someone living in 1998 worrying about the end of the world in 2000 that is analogous to a lot of the worries people are having now about 2012, so it always felt like the song should be released two years before that supposed impending disaster and/or spiritual transformation.... for the record, I expect to wake up on December 22nd (or 24th, if you're one of those who thinks it'll be the 23rd) of 2012 and be just fine. I've put in more research on the topic than the average person and I did it in 2007 when there wasn't quite so much hype polluting the available information on the subject.

5.) Split with Spreaders
Not a lot of info on this still. It's being put out by Lazy Roar. I think on "pro" CD-R (i.e a commercial grade CD-R printed up professionally in a plant. They sound the same and look only slightly less nice. There is debate about their durability vs. a regular CD, but I myself have no thoughts on that as I've never witnessed a CD-R breaking more easily than a CD)

6.) California tour
I only have one date confirmed so far, the 31st at Ché Café in San Diego, but expect as many as four shows in LA and even one in the SF Bay Area if I can get it together.
I'll have more details on that posted as soon as I get them.

7.) Weakness Electronics (split with Watabou)
It's still in limbo. Neither of us were entirely satisfied with what we did... blah blah blah, I wrote about it last time. Nothing new to report, just that someone at my show at Far House (which there is now video from) was really impressed with a song off of it that I played live. I've been slowly

8.) Shirt reprint
Due to overwhelming demand (it's a good thing, not a bad one at all) I'll be doing a second run of shirts in blue and yellow! HOORAY!
I'll also have girly smalls since I know a lot of you wanted those.


I know there was one thing I'm forgetting, so this will be updated soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment